Now that Black Friday and Cyber Monday are behind us, we can officially talk about Christmas shopping. It is the busiest time of the year for most businesses, especially for e-commerce businesses. How can you use this opportunity to boost your sales? Today, I am sharing seven tips that I hope you will find useful.
1. Most of the traffic to your website will come from mobiles so make sure your website is mobile-friendly and loads fast.
2. 8.4 million British consumers shop via social media with Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat being the most popular channels.* Keep promoting your festive products on your social media platforms. Top tip: Add a story highlight showcasing your best products.
3. Make things as easy as possible for your customers. Remember, at this time of the year, they are buying gifts for friends and family. They might be confused and distracted with lots of offers. Make sure you have your best selling products visible as well as a search bar. Offer “guest check out” and “buy now” options.
4. Use Facebook & Instagram ads to retarget people who have viewed your products, added them to their carts but have not purchased them.
5. Today’s customers use social media to contact brands. Offer high-quality customer service by responding to messages and emails promptly.
6. Make sure you have enough stock as you don’t want to appear unable to cope at the busiest time of the year. Bring on additional staff to handle increased orders if necessary.
7. People love going to the stores to enjoy the festive vibes. How can you recreate that emotional experience on your website and marketing?Make sure you have a Christmas campaign strategy for both your online advertising and email marketing.
This time of the year is not for testing new ideas or making huge changes on your website. Save those for the new year and focus on your customers. Give them the best experience so that they keep coming back.
* Paypal research
Need help? Get in touch to book a Power Hour or book a free discovery call. Don't forget to subscribe to my email list to get my FREE pdf that will give you ideas to use in your Instagram Stories.